The Audiologist will administer hearing or speech/language evaluations, tests, or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairment, using specialized instruments and electronic equipment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Counsel and instruct clients in techniques to improve hearing or speech impairment.
- Evaluate hearing and speech/language disorders to determine diagnoses and courses of treatment.
- Fit and dispense assistive devices, such as hearing aids.
- Maintain client records at all stages, including initial evaluation and discharge.
- Monitor clients' progress and discharge them from treatment when goals have been attained.
- Plan and conduct treatment programs for clients' hearing or speech problems, consulting with physicians, nurses, psychologists, and other health care personnel as necessary.
- Recommend assistive devices according to clients' needs or nature of impairments. · Refer clients to additional medical or educational services if needed.
- Advise educators or other medical staff on speech or hearing topics.
- Conduct or direct research on hearing or speech topics and report findings to help in the development of procedures, technology, or treatments.
- Develop and supervise hearing screening programs.
- Educate and supervise audiology students and health care personnel. · Fit and tune cochlear implants, providing rehabilitation for adjustment to listening with implant amplification systems.
- Instruct clients, parents, teachers, or employers in how to avoid behavior patterns that lead to miscommunication.
- Participate in conferences or training to update or share knowledge of new hearing or speech disorder treatment methods or technologies.
- Measure noise levels in workplaces and conduct hearing protection programs in industry, schools, and communities.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to assess and rehabilitate recipients of implanted hearing devices.
Education & Experience:
- BSc in Audiology is a must.
- Diploma in post graduate will be preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in similar position and in a hospital set up will be preferred.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Must be a computer literate.
- MOH license/Evaluation letter is a must.
- Fluent in English is required. Arabic is preferred.
- Driving Collaboration | Establishes open and trusting relationships to drive cross functional synergy, focus on achievement of collective results and respect for diversity.
- Fostering Innovation | Drives a culture of continuous improvement and institutionalizes best practices by sponsoring processes and systems.
- Driving Results | Displays perseverance and resilience to deliver high performance. Displays accountability for results and takes timely decisions evaluating relevant sources of information.
- Delivering Patient Excellence | Strives for service excellence to ‘treat customers well’ by displaying an understanding of their requirements, delivering value and by communicating, keeping in mind the customer’s perspective.