Manages the daily operations of the pharmacy to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Clinical Service & Administrative Services:
- Direct, review, and rectify pharmacy procedures.
- Make formal requests for all supplies needed.
- Set up and maintain a certified system of keeping records and the preparation of yearly budgets.
- Establish and support pharmacy services in line with DHA requirements.
- Design and organize job descriptions and prepare annual performance evaluation for all direct reports.
- Support supervising staff with the annual budget and hand over capital expenditures in line with standard policies.
- Implement quality improvement initiatives for the department.
- Plan, administer, organize, and successfully implement all activities in relation to the pharmacy operations.
- Provide guidance on medications and prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs in line with hospital policies.
- Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
- Help in resolving pharmacy problems, administrative and customer’s complaints.
- Act as the main source for information about medicines, DHA regulations, and all pharmacy related issues.
- Meet the hospital management on a regular basis in order to identify, discuss and resolve the Pharmacy department related issues.
- Contribute to quality assurance and audit initiatives.
- Reports prepared and files/records maintained according to guidelines of regulatory agencies.
- Quality Assurance tests carried out in compliance with statutory and manufactures guidelines
- Standards laid down by the Approved International Accreditation Standards complied with and perform the duties necessary to support and achieve accreditation.
- Documentation must be done at the time of clinical activities or as soon as possible afterwards.
- Records comply with legal requirements.
- Relevant coding information is recorded or communicated
- Make the care of your patient your first concern.
- Treat patients as individuals and respect their dignity.
- Respect patients' right to confidentiality.
- Work in partnership with patients.
- Keep up to date with, and adhere to, the laws and codes of conduct relevant to the hospital.
- Adopt a patient-centered approach in the management of a patient’s presenting problem.
- Client expectations are met, and quality client service principles maintained.
- Professional ethics company values are demonstrated in behaviour
Knowledge / Technical Skills:
- Able to relate to people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Readily and effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Arabic fluency is an advantage.
- Planning Skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skill.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Follow specific instructions with a high degree of accuracy.
- A High Degree Of Motivation And Self-Discipline.
- Excellent computer skill.
- Ability to make sound decisions and take the appropriate action when needed.
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
- Interpersonal skill- exercise tact, patience and understanding
- Time management skills to organize daily workload
- Communications skills
- Computer skills
Qualification & Experience:
- B Pharm degree or Pharm.D degree from an accredited institution.
- Must hold a valid DHA license.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
License / Registration:
Valid DHA Eligibility Letter / License