We are looking for In-patient Medical Coder to join our RCM Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· To code claims for UAE process
· Assures the final diagnoses and operative procedures as stated by the physician are valid and complete.
· Coding of multi-specialty outpatient and inpatient charts on a daily basis
· Abstracts all necessary information from health records (MRD FILES) to identify secondary complications and co-morbid conditions.
· Mark all necessary information and assigns codes (ICD – 10CM/CPT) which most accurately describe each documented diagnosis, surgical procedure and special therapy or procedure according to established hospital guidelines.
· Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy.
· Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered.
Assign ICD-10 CM Diagnosis codes, CPT4, HCPCS and drug codes per HAAD / DHA Guidelines and other coding conventions.
· Clearly check the documentation in medical files to assure to appropriate Evaluation & assign using the correct CPT code.
· High level of productivity, reliability, responsibility, attendance, dependability, organization and accuracy/thoroughness
Qualification & Experience:
· Any Degree in Medical Sciences Preferred
· Coding Certification from AHIMA or AAPC
· Good communication and interpersonal skills with good overall presentation
· Good submission and re-submission knowledge
· Ability to work independently and make decisions related to coding.
Personal Abilities / Competencies:
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
· Adheres to punctuality at work.
· Attends committee, continuous quality improvement and other departmental meetings as appropriate.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
· Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the facility as well as the focus statement of the department.