Looking for "Specialist Psychiatry" to work with reputed hospital Sharjah .
MD with 3+ years of experience in reputed hospital
- Valid DHA/MOH UAE medical License
- Deals with the prevention, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with mental illness.
- Examines patient, adopting a medical approach taking into account biological, psychological, and social/cultural perspectives.
- Assesses patient's mental and physical condition, through interviewing the patient and often obtaining information collated from other sources such as other health and social care professionals, relatives, associates, law enforcement and emergency medical personnel and psychiatric rating scales.
- Prescribes physical examination such as Blood tests and/or medical imaging to establish or exclude other illnesses, such as thyroid dysfunction or brain tumors, or identify any signs of self-harm
- Handle chronic patients as well as less chronic patients of different age group and gender
- Administers treatment by medication or various forms of psychotherapy.
- Get approval/ agreement from patient before commencing treatment with medication.
- Monitor the effects of psychiatric medications and involve ongoing therapeutic drug monitoring, for instance full blood counts or, Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) for serious and disabling conditions, especially those unresponsive to medication.
- Check all records, reports and documentation of the patient and department
- Preferred Female Arabic Doctor