Responsibilities & Duties
- Associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Installing and configuring client computer systems.
- Responding to client IT support requests.
- Meeting with clients to diagnose software, networking, or hardware issues.
- Providing technical support on-site or via remote-access systems.
- Offering solutions that meet the needs of the client.
- Repairing hardware malfunctions, software issues, and networking problems.
- Maintaining good client relations.
- Tracking and managing work records.
- Compiling job reports.
Academic & Trades Qualifications
· B.sc degree in the field of computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
Working Experience & Skills
- General knowledge of the four network types (LAN, WAN, MAN and GAN).
- General knowledge of Active Directory, Outlook, Backups.
- General knowledge in Troubleshooting, assembling, disassembling, repairing and monitoring alarm system hardware and electronic devices such as smoke alarms, video cameras, remote controls, audio surveillance equipment and television monitors.
- Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP and other networking concepts.
- Desire to learn new technologies and systems.
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories.
- Firm grasp of how the web works, networking, and software products.
- Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft based server and desktop operating systems, networks and office systems.
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Able to maintain professional conduct under stress.
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries.