Must have the ability to:
- Perform excellent risk management in remote settings
- Work positively with other team members to implement all aspects of trip from pack-up to clean-up in order to provide guests with a safe, meaningful and memorable experience.
- Instruct guests on best practices for paddling kayaks on calm water.
- Perform water rescue of guests in the event of a tip over or emergency.
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs.
- Take care of equipment and facilities.
- Provide meaningful interpretation to our guests on natural and cultural history topics pertinent to the trip, such as geology, Wildlife Refuges, Mangroves etc.
- Professionally represent the Organisations Mission, Vision and Values.
- Speak positively of the company, owners and region to guests and your co-workers at all times.
- Act as a good steward of the natural world and follow Leave No Trace practices such as picking up trash.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Manual.
- Train new and upcoming guides as needed in all aspects of this position.
- Follow all state and federal laws while guiding any trips. It is your responsibility to know the laws and rules including marine/boating regulations.
- Keep a functional first aid kit with you at all times during guided trips.
- Clean all kayaks, life jackets, and paddles as needed.
- Tow in guests if the need arises.
- Inspect gear and fit life jackets to guests before every tour launch.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.