JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SENIOR PROCUREMENT ENGINEER:
- After receiving LOA on a project along with the tender documents, to study each Scope of works and prepare its relevant tender documents in order to send the enquires to subcontractors in order to get the quotations with coordinating with the Procurement Manager.
- Provide the necessary support to DC when required and follow up with the bidders in order to get the quotations from the Subcontractors when there is a delay in reply and to provide alternatives with coordinating with the Procurement Manager when bidders delay too much the quotation submission or regret to quote.
- Review and evaluate the quotations received and making sure that it is complying with the tender documents, moreover, to request from the Subcontractors a revised one when required till receiving the required final quotation complying with the targeted technical / commercial requirements.
- Prepare the Cost comparison sheet including received quotations, finalize it and upload it on the ERP system in order to be approved by authorized signatories.
- Preparing, Sending, negotiating and finalizing the Subcontract agreement with the selected Subcontractor considering the terms agreed in the signed Cost Comparison and getting the Subcontractor signature and stamp on the Subcontract Agreement.
- Support in getting the Signature and stamp on the Subcontract Agreement from Subcontractors and authorized persons like MD and Audit Manager respectively (when requested) with coordinating with the Procurement Manager.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge in construction industry.
- Must have knowledge in Internal Audit.
- High competency level in MS Office applications (Basic Computer Office).
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Minimum working experience of 7 years.