- Implementing security policies, protocols and procedures
- Training and supervising security guards
- Monitor security operations.
- Maintains the policies, procedures and objectives laid out in the Hotel.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and to delegate work.
- Ability to direct the performance of security staff and follow up with corrections.
- Investigates or delegates to be investigated, all incidents occurring on their shift and reviews all investigation reports for accuracy, grammar, and spelling pursuant to incidents having occurred on their shift or duly assigned.
- Maintains a safe environment, peace, and acts on any actual violations of local or municipal as well as any violation of policy & procedures.
- Assists in all initial safety trainings and related state and federal mandatory safety practices such as, but not limited safety standards and hazard control.
- Assists in all fire safety trainings and fire drills (Twice a year).
- Assists in conducting safety inspections of the property and reporting all risks.
- Supervisors are responsible for the discipline of their guards, assisting in scheduling, officer reviews, and officer communiqués.
- Coordinates protection details and security arrangements for VIPs and events.
- Acts as liaison between security and other hotel departments, evaluate needs and coordinates work assignments.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in the security, emergency service, and safety standards.
- Assessing performance of the security guards as per company guidelines.
- Due to the nature of work in the security department all security staff are expected to be on standby basis when required for the job and to answer any phone calls and immediately respond to mobile text messages or all calls that are missed as soon as seen.
- A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions to the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the cast who occupies this position. Cast will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their superior.
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least High School graduates.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role or other related Emergency Services, Security, or Safety field, Army or police experience
- Recognized security qualification, SIRA Certificate is a must.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, management, co-workers, and members of Law.
- Experience in working with enforcement and emergency services.
- Must be computer literate and have good knowledge of MS Office and be able to use such programs as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point and Excel.
- Must have good written and communication skills.
- Some teaching experience is an added advantage.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents.
- Ability to write reports and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.