We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
· Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
· Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
· Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
· Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
· Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
· Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
· Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
· Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
Requirements and skills
· 1 years proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role.
· Preferably Bachelor degree or equivalent
· In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
· Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
· Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field