NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and the largest private healthcare company in the UAE for over 40 years. With a dedicated team of doctors and paramedical and support personnel, NMC owns and manage numerous healthcare facilities in the UAE and Oman and treat millions of patients every year. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi-Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long-Term and Home Care, Medical Centres, Day Surgery Centres, Operations and Management.
We at NMC facilitate a challenging and motivating work environment that enables ample scope for career growth and development. We create a conducive work culture that attracts, retain and help talented and committed individuals grow. We encourage lifelong learning and deliver the best care to our customers and strive towards creating a world-class platform for nurturing the professionals of tomorrow.
Primarily responsible for providing oversight, expertise and leadership to clinical staff and facilitating the delivery of high-quality, safety and effective patient-centered care. Identify clinical issues if any, and address them in a timely manner in order protect the interest and well-being of NMC.
Oversee a patient-centered, team-oriented, medical practice culture across NMC facilities.
- Develop governance structures and processes to comply with laws and government regulations.
- Optimize the function and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization.
- Establish uniform medical staff by-laws, clinical policies and procedures.
- Implement a complaints and discipline policy encompassing necessary actions for disruptive or incompetent physicians.
- Ensure all regulatory/contractual/accreditation requirements are met.
- Ensure best-in-class performance of Medical Staff Committees, including Medical Executive, Credentialing and Privileging, Workforce Planning, Mortality and Morbidity, Quality and Patient Safety, IPAC, P and T, Clinical Ethics, Education, and Research.
Quality and Patient Safety
- In collaboration with corporate and facility-based quality staff and leadership, oversee development and execution of a Corporate Quality and Patient Safety Strategy.
- Ensure preparation of Corporate Quality and Patient Safety Reports for approval by the CEO and the Board.
- Lead physician performance expectations that support the goal of excellence in care through superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Optimize the role and function of clinical leaders in quality and chairs of the quality and safety committees.
- Facilitate a ‘just’ safety culture.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements, including Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure effective and timely incident management, sentinel event reporting and management, board reporting of adverse events, and reporting of KPIs to the Board.
- Coordinate activities between Corporate Quality and Medical Malpractice Departments.
- Develop a comprehensive Clinical Risk Program and physician peer review process.
- Execute a Corporate Accreditation Plan as part of NMC’s overarching Corporate Strategy.
- Consistent with the Clinical Strategy develop a medical staff workforce plan for recruitment, retention, compensation, wellness
- Develop and implement a physician performance enhancement program
- Develop strategies for CME and other forms of continuing professional development.
- Develop Clinical Ethics Standards, Policies, and Procedures.
Education & Certification:
- Medical degree (MD or equivalent)
- Master Degree in Healthcare Leadership, Management and/or Administration
- 15 years or more, of which at least 5 years in a senior management role in a diverse healthcare group. or a similar position in the UAE healthcare environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical practice guidelines, evidence-based medicine, quality improvement principles and value-based healthcare
- Knowledge of medical ethics and legal issues in healthcare
- Commitment to staying current in medical specialty and healthcare leadership.
Management and Leadership Skills:
- Prior healthcare leadership experience
- Skills in resource management, healthcare regulations, and quality improvement initiatives
- Ability to lead and develop diverse healthcare teams
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Collaboration with healthcare professionals, administrators and staff
Strategic Thinking and Problem-Solving:
- Analyzing complex situations and developing strategic solutions
- Data analysis and interpretation for decision-making