Candidates with bachelor's/Master's degree in respective subjects with a certified teaching qualification like B.Ed/Diploma in education
Candidates with Genuinity, Equivalency and IELTS are preferred
Only applicants with above qualifications and experience will be considered for the position.
Looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic, committed, and dynamic teacher to join the department at School.
The primary role of a teacher is to deliver classroom instruction that helps students learn. To accomplish this, teachers must prepare effective lessons, grade student work and offer feedback, manage classroom materials, productively navigate the curriculum, and collaborate with other staff. The main goals are to help students progress in their academics, learn to take responsibility for their assignments and encourage necessary life skills that carry into adulthood.
Shining Star International School is a high performing International School in Abu Dhabi, fully accredited with CBSE- the largest examination conducting entity in the world..
Our students receive a sound and holistic education across a wide range of subjects and extra-curricular activities, which helps them to develop and hone a broad range of skills.
Shining Star International School is all inclusive private school established in 2014 in Musaffah, Abu Dhabi. Currently serving the needs of the local and international expatriate community it follows the CBSE curriculum and its students are encouraged to embark on a voyage of discovery that uncovers hidden talents in their niche areas of interest.
As they grow our ‘Shining Stars’ become beacons of light within their own peer groups and are taught how to use the knowledge and wisdom gained during their time in the school to benefit the people they associate with and the world at large.
Key Work Responsibilities
· Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
· Inform students of disciplinary rules set by the School and personally make sure that any misconduct is handled appropriately.
· Ensure proper maintenance of school properties. Take full responsibility for damages, if any, in their class room property and report the cause of damage of the facility immediately or else take the responsibility to replace or fix the damage.
· Identify, select and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
· Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
· Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
· Ensure the note books and assessment papers are corrected and recorded for performance tracking, progress recording and for future reference.
· Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents and other professionals on a regular basis.
· Collaborate with colleagues to enhance the instructional environment, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents and the school.
· Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, colleagues and community.
· Assume responsibility for meeting their course and school-wide students’ performance goals.
· Demonstrate progress in student performance.
· Participate in training and presentations on online teaching.
· Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and coordinating.
· Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, House and student organizations.
· Participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings.
· Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities.
· Identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs.
· Understand that responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and targets established as part of the annual performance planning process or as the result of organizational planning.
· Prepares and moderates question papers for school examinations.
· Upload Lesson Plans-weekly plans, Mid Term Plans, Yearly plans, worksheets, School academic calendar, events and activity calendar ,Circulars and notices in the school ERP portal( Eth –DC)
· Perform other responsibilities which may be assigned by the school authorities from time to time.
· Responsible for Academic excellence of students.
· Collaborates with peers for the purpose of implementing and maintaining curricular and co-curricular programs for students and personal development
· Participates in peer observation and performance tracking.
Excellent Remuneration Package, Competitive tax-free salary, 50% of on child education, private medical insurance, end of Service Gratuity, paid holidays.