Nursery Manager duties and responsibilities
· The duties of Nursery Managers vary depending on the size of their childcare centres and the age of the children in their care. However, their common responsibilities include:
· Recruiting employees and providing ongoing training in best care practices
· Developing and maintaining the nursery budget
· Arranging marketing materials
· Monitoring the condition of the facility and equipment and organising maintenance, repairs and new items as required
· Updating parents and Carers about their child’s progress and behaviour
· Answering enquiries about enrolment, payments, and practices
· Developing and implementing an age-appropriate program of annual events and activities
· Preparing the nursery for Ofsted inspections and following inspector recommendations
· Ability to Lead, Manage and develop an effective team.
· Daily Administrative Duties
· EYFS Curriculum -understanding and implementation, planning, teaching methodologies – the value of play-based learning.
· Marketing & Admission – Open Days, Tours, Parent Forums- in order to support admission in new enrolments and students’ retention.
· Independently manage own time efficiently
· Manage and maintain enrolment numbers whilst addressing the improvement and development needs of the school.
· Ensure policies and procedures are followed, revised, and updated.
· Creating Key relationships and networking in the education field.
· Be confident in teaching techniques and new developments in the curriculum.
· School organisation and staffing –timetables, events, meetings, recruitment, resourcing.
· Staff supervision, support, training, and evaluation
· Working closely with parents and others to provide a high standard of customer service and education.
· Managing a budget and making sure the nursery is profitable.
· Creating a caring and stimulating environment that promotes learning through play.
· Running the nursery in line with environmental, health and safety and fire regulations. To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
· Excellent time management, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
· Leadership skills and the ability to support, develop, and motivate staff.
· The ability to work with young children and their families in ways which are Sensitive, positive, and non-judgemental.
· Business skills and the ability to manage a budget.
· A warm, caring, friendly and approachable personality who can work closely with the Director, students, staff, and parents. Education Graduate with a teaching qualification, Cache Level 4 or equivalent, in childcare. The ideal candidate will have the relevant attested qualifications.
Only applicants with the above qualifications will be considered.