Position: Play and Engagement Facilitator
Location: Dubai, UAE
Join an amazing group of people at OliOli® and help their mission to deliver exciting, joyful, differentiated, world-class, and incredibly fun experiences to children that nurture their innate sense of curiosity and exploration.
OliOli® is a multiple award-winning contemporary children’s museum that opened to rave reviews in 2017. Founded by a group of parents who are passionate about open-ended non-judgmental play, OliOli® entails 8 interactive galleries comprising over 45 hands-on exhibits.
Find out more information about OliOli® @ www.olioli.ae or www.instagram.com/olioliuae.
Our Play & Engagement Facilitators (better known as ‘IMAGINATORS’) are responsible for fulfilling OliOli®’s vision of creating awesome experiences and memories for children. Working within exhibit zones, Imaginators act as OliOli®’s brand ambassadors, with the primary objective of engaging with all visitors in an empathetic, thoughtful and joyful manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Visitor’s Experience and Service
- Be an ambassador for the OliOli® brand; ensure that every visitor’s experience at OliOli® meets or exceeds expectations, specifically through inclusive, positive and memorable interactions with a friendly and sincere approach
- Provide friendly, courteous communication by orienting them to the building and informing them of the exhibits areas and programs
- Contribute to a positive, team-based, and “visitor-first” centric culture
- Manage groups of children from schools, birthday parties, or camp activities
- Collect and communicate visitor’s feedback and suggestions
- Follow and perform the daily opening/closing protocols and procedures including (without limitation) routine cleaning, restocking, and preparation of program materials
Exhibits area / Education
- Have an honest and comprehensive understanding of OliOli®’s philosophy and developmental, pedagogical, and other learning objectives
- Participate in training programs designed to enhance interaction with visitors in the ‘OliOli®’ manner
- Work as a team to ensure that the entire building (and each and every gallery/corner) within the premises is highly presentable (clean, tidy, supplies in proper place, well organized, properly maintained, etc)
Safety / Security
- Provide a safe environment for all visitors, specifically for the children
- Assist visitors in case of an incident or an emergency situation
- Take ownership of the safety of the facility and report and follow up on any repairs, or changes needed
- Attend training and be prepared to perform emergency procedures (i.e. fire evacuation, accident reporting, etc.) during OliOli®'s hours of operation
- Advanced course work or experience in customer service, education, family learning, or retail operations is a preferred.
- Experience working with young children (ages 1-10) and their families in recreational settings, after school programs or classroom is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Traits & Characteristics
- Self-starter and self-motivated; thrives working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- LOTS of bright & positive energy; patient and empathetic; friendly; courteous
- Interest and enthusiasm for working with children and families.
- Adaptable to perform a variety of duties.
- The role requires candidates to work 5 days a week (including weekends) for 9 hour shifts during OliOli®'s hours of operation
Compensation: AED 5000 + benefits