Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
We are currently looking for competent and experience Accounts Assistant. The Accounts Assistant will be handling the cashiering activities and will work closely with Branch Accountants to support the Toyota & Lexus showroom and workshop activities.
What you will do
Cash (Revenue & Petty Cash Fund) Management
- Monitoring the insurance limits of cash/collection in vault, ensuring the insurance coverage from AOIC if the cash/collection in vault exceeds the limit
- Ensure that collected revenue must be handed over to Transguard on a succeeding day
- Daily collection reports should be uploaded in the shared drive provided by the AFSS
- All collection / PCF verification and hand over are properly signed / filed for future references
- Monitoring and communicate cheque clearance, bouncing cheques, and refund cheques - Refunds ( Cash , Card to card, Cheque)
- Ensure accurate data entry in SAP - billing cancellation & advance payments should be kept at minimum level - Cash Invoices not yet collected report should be always cleared & monitored
- Ensure sublet and bought-out charges are posted to Job cards for charging the customer
- Receive cash, cheques, online/ bank transfers, credit/ debit card payments from customers, Record all collections in SAP system against relevant customer account, Daily Reconciliation of Revenue and Petty cash, Ensure safekeeping of cash and equivalents, Banking of Revenue Collection.
- Down Payment transfers in SAP
Business Processes & Controls
- All business processes are conducted according to SOP and with correct levels of sign authority
- Ensure payments / delivery to be done by/for the payer and if 3rd party, UT verified by the Branch Manager should be secured
Accounts Receivables Management (AR Management)
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly monitoring of branch AR report (all credit facilities provided) and follow-up with concerned channels to ensure timely collection of all outstanding / overdue invoices
- Maintain list for all credit facilities provided to branch credit customers including credit limit / credit period / main contact details / credit facility documents if possible
- Performing AR Postings and PDC cheque posting and submission to HO
- Reviewing and ensuring of timely submission of Second sets / Loan documents submission.
- Reconcile credit customer accounts
Invoicing & Delivery Management
- Perform financial transactions and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Ensure all relevant AFM document processes are strictly adhered to ensure all bank payments are met
- Ensure Revenue/Provision in place and Assignee clause is without error
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Perform record keeping of all financial operations.
- Manage Intra & Internal Sales including Government Sales.
- Authorization of all in house AFM sales & credit customers.
- Daily invoice summary for credit invoices & sales return cases, monitor all outstanding debts & report. Performing any amendments required in the invoicing.
- Support & Guiding of Matrix managers, Sales team and Sales Admin.
- Maintain proper invoice filing with complete document set for easy retrieval
Petty Cash Management
- Verify all cash & cheque transactions from the previous day and encode into SAP.
- Strict adherence of AFM company policy regarding customer refunds, maintain log for tracking purposes.
- Monitoring Petty clash float for ensuring adequate balance and reviewing pending re-imbursements/claims for submission.
- Maintain demo & Fixed Asset fuel log
- Perform Surprise Cash Count as per SOP.
- Ensure that petty cash expenses are paid with appropriate approval as per DOA, liquidity of petty cash must be maintained for smooth branch operations
Financial Reporting, Cost & Internal Controls
- Finance related processes are conducted in compliance with AFM policies & procedures (SOPs).
- Supporting in monitoring Opex & Capex.
- Monitor & maintain AFM administration document process is adhered at all times.
- Monitor clearance of Open POs follow up with COT & Showroom Admin Team every month
Required skills to be successful
- Experience in Daily Collection Report - Collect cash / credit card payment against cash invoices.
- Experience in maintaining and balancing daily collection & petty cash fund twice daily
- Experience in daily, weekly, and monthly monitoring of branch AR report (all credit facilities provided) and follow-up with concerned channels to ensure timely collection of all outstanding / overdue invoices
- Invoicing & Delivery Management experience
- Petty cash management experience
About the team
The role will report to the Finance Business Partner and you will be working in fast phase environment.
What equips you for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, ideally from an automotive dealership
- Having strong Computer Skills; Familiarize with SAP system, advanced MS-Excel and knowledge of other MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers - right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.