Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
The successful job holder will be responsible to collect and analyse data and information in order to estimate costs associated with specific project delivery. Works proactively towards cost target objectives in collaboration with others.
Job holders in this role may take responsibility for number of components within tender processes. The job holder may also hold the accountability of a larger remit in terms of components and financial accountability which include Tender review, Cost Estimation, Bid Compilation & Risk Assessment, Bid Finalisation, Handover to Projects & preparation of Data bank. (The Central team handles estimation of MEP works regionally – UAE, QATAR & KSA).
What you will do:
- Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure its completeness.
- Organise / take part in bid initiation & review meeting
- Ensure that clarifications are raised well in time to get better clarity on bid submission
- Co-ordinate & follow-up to ensuring post bid clarifications are addressed.
- All in-house co-ordination for preparation of bid including follow-up, collection of input from various sub-contractors or 3rd party.
- Clear understanding of work scope & best estimation with respect to execution of project.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details.
- Responsible to verify detailed MTOs (quantity take-off) from tender documentation.
- Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be including referring the location of supplementary information.
- Ensure completeness of Subcontract Enquiry Packages and availability of Subcontract offers well in time.
Bid Compilation & Risk Assessment
- Ensure Subcontractor responses are complete & tabulated accurately on a Bid Evaluation spreadsheet.
- Ensure the Indirect Cost Estimate is correctly prepared and costed.
- Proactively work with the Procurement Group to ensure Vendors RFQ Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare / Review the preparation of the construction schedule, providing man-hours and equipment requirement for each activity and also ensure correctness to capture anticipated durations and manning.
- Assist Estimation Manager in the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to Company.
- Ensures the Estimate Basis is “Current Costs” and escalation is properly covered. Wherever possible a good value of estimate contingencies to be captured. This is to be separate from the Contingency Sum Calc.
Bid Finalisation & submission
Present to Estimation Manager for review the Cost Estimate in detail prior to review of the tender by Management.
- Assist Estimation Manager with the preparation of a list of clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
- Ensure that Clients pricing and technical tender schedules are complete and accurate.
- When requested, carry out peer review of estimates compiled by others, checking for completeness, pricing accuracy and adequate manning and resource requirements.
Handover to Projects & preparation of Data bank
- Organise Budget Handover Meetings to Project Managers.
- Maintain Lessons Learnt database from existing projects.
- Assist Estimation Manager in other various departmental development work
Required Skills to be successful:
- Ideally experienced in the use of spreadsheets, estimating pricing models and cost management tools
- Able to show evidence of adding value and cost optimization
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing/automotive processes and components and ability to evaluate and analyze associated costs
- Membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Technical and commercial knowledge
- Auto-cad knowledge (Preferable)
- Good communication skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercially and financially aware
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical mindset and able to read and interpret technical data and translate to others
- Highly numerate with the ability to research, assemble manage and manipulate numerical information
- Knowledge of estimating techniques
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to deliver against deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Project management skills
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Relevant Engineering degree preferred..
- Some previous experience of cost estimation
- Technical Certificate Holder with Project experience
5 to 6 years of experience in Estimation & Project Management
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.