- Hold a Bachelor s degree plus a post-graduate qualification in early education / Cache Level 3
qualification/Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in ECC
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) .
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice.
- Trained in British Curriculum.
- Experience of delivering EYFS Curriculum.
- Strong ability to use technology to support teaching and learning.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate.
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff.
- Be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities.
- To enable young children to make good progress in their learning by building upon the skills they have when they join the school in nursery or reception class
- To assist all pupils to develop emotional security, self-belief and mature social skills
- To assist all children to develop a love of learning and an excitement about coming to school each day. All class teachers are accountable for the progress that the pupils they teach make during an academic year.
· Ensure effective teaching of the whole class, and of groups and individuals within the wholeclass setting, so that learning objectives are met and pupils’ learning time is used efficiently.
· Establish and maintain a purposeful learning atmosphere.
· Set high expectations for pupils’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused, engaging teaching and through positive and productive relationships.
· Establish a safe, clean and secure learning environment which promotes pupils’ confidence.
· Maintain good organisation and accurate assessments so that they offer a clear record of pupils’ progress and complete an EYFS profile for each child.
· Participate in administrative and organisational tasks related to the responsibilities described above.
Support students on placement in Early Years Foundation Stage classes.