The role has been designed to look after the Procurement function of the Construction Company (Consara) and the Facility Management Company (WhiteSpot) and will be responsible for managing procurement functions by developing relationships with key vendors, reviewing & approving significant contracts, and ensuring the delivery of goods in the required quality, time, and budget.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of the procurement department plans to ensure alignment with WhiteSpot & CONSARA's overall objectives and business plans.
- Participates in developing procurement department policies, and procedures and provides implementation of all relevant procedural/legislative requirements.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of procurement by facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high-performance standards.
- Supervises the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes, and procedures
- Contributes to the preparation of the procurement budget to ensure alignment with the approved set budget.
- Acts as a source of specialist procurement management to teams of engineers and officers on critical items to complete operational and planning tasks and allocates activities cost-effectively
- Identifies and resolves purchasing issues on major items to ensure the activities are within budget and aligned with the set plans.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors to ensure the continuity of the materials’ supply and availability.
- Deals with more complex problems with major suppliers and high annual volume which have been referred for attention.
- Ensures the teams deliver task and planning results to quality, cost, and time targets.
- Manages and monitors high volume supplying contracts and acts to ensure the best interest is maintained and enhanced.
- Adherence to policies, processes, and procedures.
- Day-to-day operations are consistent with established policies, standards, and procedures.
- Financial variance versus budget.
- Product purchased vs. budget.
- Inventory levels.
- No. of purchase orders.
- Feedback from departments.
- Delays at sites/Work due to unavailability of material.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying or equivalent related field.
- 15+ years of diversified experience in all phases of procurement activities on large global engineering and construction projects, including managerial experience
- Excellent working knowledge of industry practices (Construction & Facility Management)
- In-depth knowledge of all significant forms of contract (FIDIC, NEC, JCT)
- Demonstrative verbal and written communication skills
- Handling of contractual frameworks and standard forms of contract.