1. Ensuring that employees have proper safety training and are aware of hazards in their work environment
2. Performing inspections of work sites to ensure compliance with safety regulations
3. Informing workers of potential hazards and implementing measures to mitigate risks
4. Conducting investigations into accidents to identify the causes and contributing factors
5. Writing reports detailing accident investigations and conclusions in order to inform future safety measures
6. Writing reports detailing accident investigations and conclusions in order to inform future safety measures
7. Preparing reports about safety conditions at a workplace or industry sector
8. Monitoring compliance with safety regulations and providing training on safe work practices to employees
9. Recording injuries or illnesses that occur at work in order to identify potential hazards or patterns of unsafe behaviour
10. To compile statistical data and prepare reports on HSE performance for management review.
11. To compile statistical data and prepare reports on HSE performance for management review.
12. To support the development and implementation of HSE objectives and targets.
13. Making recommendations following accidents/incidents
14.Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
Minimum education qualification to be Degree/diploma.
NEBOSH international general certificate (IGC).
OSHAD practitioners’ registration
Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience working on Road & Infra Projects,
Excellent Health and safety support skills.
Strong business development skills.
Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
Meeting company health and safety goals.
Finding the best way to prevent injuries and accidents.
Monitoring compliance with safety regulations and providing training on safe work practices to employees. Competencies;
Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
Diligent with great attention to detail.
Strong leadership and decision-making abilities.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Personality Traits: Excellent communication skills. Outstanding organizational skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Exceptional reporting skills.
Reliable, meticulous, enthusiastic, and self-driven