NMC Healthcare is the most trusted and the largest private healthcare company in the UAE for over 40 years. With a dedicated team of doctors and paramedical and support personnel, NMC owns and manage numerous healthcare facilities in the UAE and Oman, treating millions of patients worldwide every year. The company has specialized verticals that include Multi-Specialty Care, Maternity and Fertility, Long-Term and Home Care, Medical Centres, Day Surgery Centres, Operations and Management.
We at NMC facilitate a challenging and motivating work environment that enables ample scope for career growth and development. We create a conducive work culture that attracts, retain and help talented and committed individuals grow. We encourage lifelong learning and deliver the best care to our customers and strive towards creating a world-class platform for nurturing the professionals of tomorrow.
- Perform his / her duties as per NMC guiding principles and model of care, DHA regulation and other regulatory authorities, accreditation body.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Provide culturally appropriate patient focused nursing care.
- Applies the international patient safety goals throughout the patient journey and care process.
- Respects patient and applies patient family rights throughout the patient care, with empathy, emotional stability.
- Educates and informs patient on the care process and other relevant information within her scope of practice.
- Prepares operating room for patient / procedure Demonstrate awareness and compliance with legal and ethical aspects of peri-operative nursing.
- During the surgical procedure, OT Nurses can take the role of :-
Circulating Nurse, with the following additional duties:
- Assists in positioning, responding to comfort / safety of patient.
- To assist the Surgeon and Anesthetist in operation theatre.
- Provides for accurate care and handling of specimens.
- Observes and enforces strict standards of asepsis.
- Observes checks and monitors all equipment used during surgery to confirm they are running smoothly.
- Handles patient documentation.
- Inventories all items both pre- and post-surgery.
Scrub Nurse, with the following additional duties:
- Selects and handles instruments and supplies used for the operation, passing them to surgeon.
- Inventories all items both pre- and post-surgery.
- Delivers direct surgical care by assisting physicians.
- Helps control bleeding.
- Provides wound exposure.
- Assist in Sutured patients after the surgery.
- To count all instruments and mops before closing the wounds.
Recovery Room, with the following additional duties:
- Assessment, implementation and coordination of complex care and interventions.
- Providing comfort and preventing suffering.
- Supporting a compassionate and therapeutic environment for post-operative patient
- To monitor the condition and take care of patient post operatively in recovery room. Demonstrate awareness and compliance with legal and ethical aspects of peri-operative nursing.
- Demonstrate competence required for effective and safe patient care following anaesthesia including patent airway techniques, obstructive airway intervention, knowledge of advanced life support techniques, patient monitoring and resuscitation, pharmacology, management and control of acute pain, nausea and vomiting, temperature regulation, life threatening complications, infection control principles and practices.
- Liaising with wards where patients are awaiting their operation/procedure in putting information about each surgical procedure/operation on to a computer system ,taking phone messages , completing paperwork ,ordering supplies of equipment ,liaising with the hospital’s Sterile Services Department to ensure that equipment has been returned once re-sterilized and re-package.
- Facilitate and assist in diagnostics, Collects specimens, instructs patients on specimen collection, transport them and ensure that results are obtained, acknowledged by the doctor.
- Performs clinical nursing procedures, and general therapies and interventions, administers medication and treatments as per the scope of practice, hospital policy.
- Administers medication as per rights, adheres to medication management process, indent, labeling, storage, appropriateness review.
- Adhere to principles of infection control for infectious cases, documents in notification form, occupational injury form, infection control log and other relevant documentation as per policy.
- Assure proper consent for patients when applicable as per hospital policy.
- Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
- Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
- Documents relevantly, legibly and precisely as per the documentation policy both in HIS and manual records as appropriate – surgical safety checklist, consent, peri-operative checklist.
- Initiates rapid response team, emergency resuscitative measures according to hospital protocol.
- Reports patient condition, handing over of information, to appropriate personnel during each shift.
- Facilitates transfer in and transfer out, by collaborating with the facility as per the transfer policy.
- Collaborates with all disciplines, support services and others concerned to deliver the best possible care for the patient.
- Addresses / escalates concerns to the immediate supervisor and ensures that it is resolved.
- Documents relevantly, legibly and precisely as per the documentation policy both in HIS and manual records as appropriate.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and efficiently ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Maintains inventory – drugs, including semi controlled and narcotics, consumables and supplies, participate in product evaluation whenever necessary.
- Delivers safe patient care consistently, follows the infection control practices consistently.
- By managing their time, effectively multitask and prioritize their responsibilities have a better time completing their duties in a timely manner and maintain confidence in critical situations.
- Applies necessary safety checks, functionality, checks, maintenance checks, precautions while operating medical equipment, including crash cart and ambulance as per hospital policy.
- Reports all significant relevant information professionally, timely and appropriately including near miss, incidents, issues and concerning patient care and patient safety.
- Demonstrates updated knowledge, reflective practice, critical thinking at all times for safe and high quality patient care.
- Updates self professionally, meet the training requirements, competencies, maintain self-performance log as expected, participate in professional development activities.
- Orients new staff, evaluates peer group and allied staff as per the hospital policy.
- Drives change, innovation, creativity, strategically think, as appropriate to scope of practice.
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior with supervisors, colleagues, health care providers, patients and family.
- Demonstrates interest and actively participate in all quality improvement activities as expected by the organization such as KPI, QI projects, Audits, Policies and procedures, reporting incidents and near miss, etc.
- Assess constantly risk and mitigates them, reports as per the hospital policy.
- Contributes to and maintain the safety of the patient and environment by identifying risks, hazards, potential harm as per the safety policy of the hospital.
- Extend support to all the processes, directly and indirectly towards patient care, patient satisfaction, organizational requirement such as patient feedback, patient complaints, statistical data, maintaining reports and records.
- Readily accepts any other responsibilities assigned by immediate supervisor.
Providing critical and preventive care to infants, children, and adolescents.
- Pediatric nurse to be responsible for the medical and health care of children from birth to late teens.
- The pediatric nurse will discuss a child's symptoms and medical history, provide initial care, administer prescribed medication, and monitor the patient's progress.
- Provide support to families and work with them to address their concerns, fears, problems, and option
- They are able to talk to children and ask questions about their health, especially when children are scared and cannot clearly communicate their problems
- Able to assess, plan and implement evaluate care of children
- Plan the individualized care based on the identified needs and considers the growth and development of children
- Demonstrates competence in using pediatric pain assessment, growth and development assessment, pediatric drug, fluid calculation, use medical equipment and devices as per the age, weight of the child
- Understands the immunization schedule, collects appropriate immunization history, assist, support and administer immunization as per the approved and accepted guidelines of the hospital.
- Provides child safety and measures to prevent accident prevention for hospitalized child.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing / Master’s in nursing preferred
- Should be kind, compassionate, and caring towards children.
- Should have a broad knowledge of general pediatric nursing care and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in clinical work as a pediatric nurse
- Current license from home country, DHA license to practice in Dubai.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- BLS provider, ACLS provider.
- PALS preferable.
- Speaking the Arabic language is preferable.