We are looking for Reservation Agent to join one of our properties. Interested applicants should upload their updated CV with recent photo. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by HR Department.
A) Responsibilities and Duties:
· To be familiar with all hotel policies and procedures.
· To be well-versed with the facilities and services offered by the hotel.
· To “master” the room product in terms of rates, layout and physical attributes, breakdown/configuration, benefits and amenities.
· To be well-versed in all reservations handling and process, proficient in operating the reservations systems and equipment.
· To provide prompt, courteous and efficient service at all times. To answer the phones within three rings.
· To upsell whenever possible to maximize on occupancy and revenues.
· To fully understand market segmentation to accurately “qualify” reservations.
· To handle incoming reservation requests/correspondence, confirming or regretting on the day received.
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Build rapport and establish brand loyalty through reservations process
· Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner
· Determine Guest’s needs and quote the appropriate room and rate as per requirements
· Assist Guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
· Respond to enquiries about hotel products and services over the telephone and email, etc
· Book reservation with accurate information to ensure we exceed Guest’s expectations
· Update and check reservations ensuring a flawless check in and checkout process
· Consistently demonstrate a commitment to personal Guest Service excellence and profitably through special duties as assigned
· Ensure revenue is maximized by up-selling guest rooms and recommending hotel facilities
· Liaise with Sales and other departments as required
· Arrange accommodation, visas and activity requirements for leisure, corporate and wholesale Guests
· Understand Revenue Management strategies, sell levels and sell directed rates and is able to apply these methods to offer as per available Hotel inventory
· Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with all other departments to ensure highest level of Guest service is maintained and the maximum profit is generated
· Adhere to and promote all Company Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment
· Drive Rate and RevPAR through selling the right room to the right Guest
· To take individual bookings over the phone
· To ensure all correspondence relating to individual bookings is prioritized and distributed between themselves and the reservations agent to be updated in Opera, responded to where required and correctly filed
· To maintain the filing systems within the department
· To ensure daily arrivals checks are completed
· To maximize rooms sales by ensuring that the room selling status is correct · To assist the front desk staff with any reservation queries · To assist the accounts office with any reservation queries · To identify any departmental procedural issues and address these issues in consultation with the reservations manager and/or revenue manager · To maintain good relations with agents, companies and regular guests using the hotel
· To ensure good customer care is demonstrated at all times when in contact with guests · To action any sales activity set by the Reservations Manger whenever a shortfall is evident · To effectively and efficiently carry out all aspects of the reservations agent’s duties to the standards of the hotel and company thereby, achieving continued guest satisfaction
· To be fully conversant with the Hotel reception, telephone and accounting procedure and which aspects are relevant to reservations to ensure that these are carried out to the standards required by the hotel and the company
· To ensure that he Reservations Manager and the Front Office Manager are aware of any guest special requirements so appropriate departments can be informed
· To be fully aware of all current promotions and restrictions attached to them. To ensure they are inputted under the correct promotions and promoted at all suitable opportunities.
· To be able to carry out reservations roles as in individual positions and any other reasonable task requested of them by the reservations manager or revenue manager
· To ensure all brochure requests and confirmations are sent to the client within 24 hours of request to the company and the hotels required standards
- Has at least 3 years hospitality experience
- Knowledge in Opera System is a MUST
- Currently in UAE
- Preferably on a visit visa or cancelled visa