The First Group Collection portfolio of six operational hotels is renowned for its world-class service and cutting-edge amenities designed to ease guests into their stay. The First Collection at JVC opened in September 2021 and is the first branded and managed hotel under the group. Grand Heights Hotel Apartments, offers comfortable studios and one-bedroom apartments in the heart of the city The First collection of Business Bay opened in July 2022. Bringing to the market a range of franchised properties, the group also manages TRYP by Wyndham Dubai and Wyndham Dubai Marina, which are franchises of the Wyndham Group. While Citadines Metro Central Dubai offers hotel apartments in a prime location and is a franchise of The Ascott Limited.
The First Group Collection restaurants offer exceptional and original dining experiences that focus on creating unique lifestyle-driven dining concepts with a strong emphasis on quality and affordability. The rapidly growing portfolio of restaurants, cafes and bars feature a dynamic mix of homegrown brands and recognised international franchises, including MasterChef, the TV Experience – the world’s first restaurant based on the global TV phenomenon. With an emphasis on social dining, this exciting restaurant portfolio is helping establish the collection of upscale and upper-midscale hotels among Dubai’s hottest gastronomic and lifestyle destinations. With ambitious growth plans in the years ahead, The First Group Collection will be opening numerous upper scale hotels and a series of dining concepts throughout Dubai.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Cluster Accounts Payable Executive. This is a junior management position within the hospitality industry, responsible for managing accounts payable functions across multiple properties within our cluster. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, a keen eye for accuracy, and a passion for delivering exceptional service.
- Invoice Processing: Ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices, matching them with purchase orders and verifying their validity and accuracy. Resolve any discrepancies or issues with vendors or internal stakeholders.
- Vendor Management: Maintain effective relationships with vendors, including conducting vendor reconciliations, addressing payment-related queries, and resolving any payment disputes or discrepancies in a professional and timely manner.
- Payment Processing: Coordinate the timely processing of payments to vendors, ensuring adherence to payment terms and internal policies. Prepare payment runs, including checks, wire transfers, and electronic payments, and obtain necessary approvals before disbursing funds.
- Expense Management: Review and verify employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies. Process reimbursements accurately and in a timely manner, maintaining appropriate documentation for audit purposes.
- Month-End Closing: Assist in month-end closing activities, including accruals, account reconciliations, and preparation of financial reports related to accounts payable. Collaborate with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Compliance and Internal Controls: Adhere to established internal controls, policies, and procedures for accounts payable processes. Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as purchasing, finance, and receiving, to streamline processes and improve communication regarding purchasing and payment activities. Provide support and guidance to other team members as needed.
- Reporting and Analysis: Generate regular reports and perform analysis related to accounts payable metrics, such as aging reports, vendor performance, and cash flow projections. Identify trends and recommend actions to optimize cash flow and vendor management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Prior experience in accounts payable within the hospitality industry is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of hospitality industry-specific systems (e.g., property management systems, purchasing systems) is advantageous.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in using accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify process improvements and implement solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a commitment to delivering high-quality work within established deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive financial information with professionalism and integrity.