We are hiring for an Assistant Buyer to help with our purchasing department in the selection and procurement of products. Working as an Assistant Buyer your responsibilities include maintaining positive vender relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends.
- Research new suppliers and make recommendations to the buyer.
- Negotiate with venders and build positive, long-term relationships.
- Assist the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
- Ensure products are purchased at the right time, to specification and at a good price.
- Prepare competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Plan, monitor and maintain suitable inventory levels.
- Prepare budgets and forecast purchasing trends.
- Compile reports on product performance and statistics.
- Write, place and track purchase orders.
- Previous experience of merchandising in the home furnishings industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Degree in business, economics, marketing or related field preferred.