We're looking for Design Coordinator & Document Controller – Fit Out will be responsible for managing a combination of technical, design, and fit-out aspects, and translating design concepts into reality. This role requires close collaboration with external professional consultants or contractors to integrate requirements and achieve overall project objectives.
- Review contract documents, including drawings and specifications, and inform the Project Manager of any deficiencies.
- Review and approve Contractor's submittals ensuring compliance with 3Ds/concept design, contract requirements, and coordination with other disciplines.
- Monitor and review shop drawings logs for each project, ensuring compliance with design requirements, contract specifications, and coordination with other disciplines.
- Monitor and approve materials related to the discipline, verifying compliance with contract requirements and approved construction schedules.
- Notify the Project Manager/Construction Manager of any deviations from project specifications through Material Approval Request (MAR) Verification forms.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to ensure compliance with contract requirements, good construction practices, use of approved materials, adherence to shop drawings, and report any deviations to the General Manager.
- Conduct spot checks of materials delivered to the site via Material Inspection Request (MIR) and direct the site team to continue inspecting stored materials for compliance and condition
- Ensure that external contractors have submitted Method Statements (MS), Quality Control Procedures (QCP), and Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) prior to commencing relevant activities.
- Review and approve Method Statements, Quality Control Procedures, and Inspection & Test Plans, ensuring compliance with all contract requirements.
- Participate in reviewing site Design changes related to the discipline, providing technical input on foreseen cost and time impacts.
- Support the Estimator in assessing technical aspects of cost notices, approved variations, and contractor claims.
- Ensure full coordination among all departments/trades for external and internal MEP services.
- Attend site and technical meetings with Project Managers, subcontractors, and participate in weekly progress meetings.
- Review and verify As-Built drawings related to the discipline as submitted by the client's contractor, ensuring coordination with the site inspection team to match all site changes.
- Witness pre-commissioning and commissioning activities related to the discipline, ensuring compliance with project requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of employment history in the interior fitout field, with experience in the GCC market
- Bachelor’s in architecture/Engineering
- Strong technical skills and client management abilities
- The role may require travel to project sites or inspections of production facilities.
- Must Join Immediately