- Load and unload products from trailers using forklifts and other material-handling equipment.
- Identify and report faulty equipment, damages and safety concerns to Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure safe storage of various products in appropriate allocated places in warehouse.
- Transport products to and from warehouse and distribution centers.
- Sort, pack, wrap, tie and label products as per standard procedures.
- Monitor and maintain accurate inventory.
- Move and load hazardous waste under direction of supervisor.
- Clean work area and equipment regularly by removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- Follow standards and legal regulations to ensure safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights.
- Maintain material handling equipment by recharging, cleaning, oiling, refueling and other necessary actions and record all information in log sheet.
- Train new staff as instructed by warehouse manager.
- Carry out departmental functions including efficient use of various forklifts and related equipment for inventory movements safely.
- Ensure timely & accurate reporting and meeting individual and team KPIs.
- Ensure full adherence to SOPs and maintain sufficient records, logs and trackers.
- Ensure individual and team compliance with Company policies and procedures in its entirety.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent team working skills.
- Ability to read labels and numbers.
- Ability to operate in high speed and fast speed environment.
- Good physical health, ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to follow instructions as directed by supervisor.
- Must have the sense of responsibility to accomplish tasks without supervision.
- Should have good hand eye coordination.
To qualify for the Role, you must have
- Valid fork lift license.
- Knowledge of the safety procedures regarding the use of forklift.
- Knowledge about scheduled and preventive maintenance schedule and perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights.
- Previous experience of working as forklift operator for at least 3 years.
- Knowledge of basic warehouse operations.
- Willingness to work in shifts/flexible hours.