JOB DESCRIPTION; MANAGER – GENERAL LEDGER
- Support the month end and annual book closing process.
- Recording, reviewing and posting standard, non-standard and adjusting journal entries.
- Creates and strictly follow the process of monthly journal entries and maintains and updates prepaid/deferred schedules.
- Monitoring, review and reconciliation of control accounts (Sub- ledger – AR & AP), inter-company accounts and expense provision/accrual accounts.
- Monitoring and strictly follow the bank reconciliation and cash clearing accounts & maintenance and accounting of treasury modules - Loans, Fixed Deposits and Bank Guarantees.
- Maintain, manage and update GL records and group chart of accounts.
- Preparing supporting schedules and account reconciliations on balance sheet and income statement line items wise.
- Support to tax team for UAE and KSA VAT filing and all tax and compliance matter.
- Group Consolidation & reporting – Assisting in monthly, quarterly, annual group consolidation and other ad-hoc requirement as per direction of management.
- Supervise and support – AP/AR and Treasury team for month end close to ensure deadlines and deliverable are submitted accurately and on time, advising team on journal validation and supporting to ensure proper audit trails.
- Assist in automating processes and procedures and other Ad-hoc tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Should have good experience in General Ledger accounting and knowledge of IFRS and internal controls.
- Experience in handling multiple entities spread over different geographies.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills and efficient at multi-tasking with adjustable priorities.
- Demonstrates a proactive - can-do attitude.
- Chartered Accountant with 8 to 10 years post qualification experience
- Working Knowledge of ERP/ERP Fusion.
- Advanced Excel/MS Office skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality in all aspects of work, despite a heavy workload and time pressures.