An ideal Operations Helper candidate energetic, self-motivated, and genuinely excited to work and move their career forward. As an Operations Helper your main responsibility will be to assist portioners and packers with various tasks that ensures the products are properly portioned, packaged and prepared for distribution to clients while adhering to quality standards and safety standards.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must possess attention to detail, teamwork, and ability to follow instructions will be crucial to ensure the accurate and efficient preparation and packaging of products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with portioners to prepare raw materials for processing.
- Help weigh and measure ingredients according to specifications.
- Support in portioning and dividing products into appropriate quantities.
- Ensure all necessary materials, such as packing materials, labels and product supplies are readily available for portioners and packers to minimize downtime and keep production running smoothly.
Maintain Cleanliness and Sanitation:
- Keep work areas clean, sanitized, and organized at all times.
- Dispose of waste and scraps in designated containers.
- Follow standard operating procedures to maintain product quality.
- Report any discrepancies or quality issues to supervisors immediately.
- Adhere to all safety regulations and guidelines while working.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Report any safety hazards or incidents to supervisors promptly.
Training and Development:
- Participate in training sessions to learn standard procedures in proper portioning and packaging techniques, safety procedures and company policies.
- Maintain effective communication with portioners, packers, and supervisors.
- Share relevant information about production progress or challenges.
- Suggest process improvements and efficiency-enhancing measures to optimize production workflow.
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve production targets.
- Assist coworkers during peak production periods or staff shortages.
- Minimum of 1 year UAE experience in Food production and packing or related role
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Training certificate from an accredited Institution
Essential skills, Abilities & competencies required.
- Basic understanding of food, health, and safety regulations
- Good communication skills (Fluent in English)
- Should have the capability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have physical stamina to stand and work for long periods
- Must be able to work under pressure.