Our company has a new requirement for a well experienced consultant Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team in Dubai to work on mix-use projects. Successful candidates will have a proven background as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for mixed use projects in the UAE and must have a recognized engineering consultancy or supervision consultant background
This role is available for immediate joining and is a direct hire & permanent placement.
- This critical role will be responsible for leading the design process on mixed use projects. Applying sound engineering principles in the development of design solutions and the production of contract documentation.
- Overseeing the use of Autodesk Revit tools to present design and engineering solutions for all projects.
- Providing leadership in research, planning, design and development of building engineering systems, by providing guidance and instruction to the designated draughtsman & Engineers.
- Ability to perform engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final designs, cost estimates, and engineering calculations.
- Overseeing the administration of contacts with vendors for the provision of services and equipment.
- Holding ownership of preparation and documentation of calculations, complete with support references to codes and standards, ensuring the information is scanned and located in the project folder under the correct project number for future access by a member of staff.
- Attending all coordination and progress meetings and present options and solutions as required.
- Conducting reviews of engineering options and evaluations to validate the robust nature of new products and design solutions.
- Providing leadership in problem solving at a project level and encourage the use of innovation.
- Ensuring that all QAQC procedures are followed for the project, and work with the project team to close out all comments received from the QAQC reviewers.
- Obtaining project related approvals from the relevant local authorities.
- Working with the Director of MEP to ensure sufficient project resources to deliver the services.
- Conducting initial design studies to address specific design problems and challenges
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8-10 years post undergraduate experience
- Proven related professional experience in a recognised consultancy company
- Experience of working on large scale mix use projects
- Knowledge in REVIT in addition to the usual Mechanical design programmes.