Zurich Middle East is part of Zurich Insurance Group, one of the world’s largest and most experienced insurers. Our mission is to help our local community understand and protect themselves from risk both locally and globally.
Reporting to the Planning and Performance Management (PPM) Retail Business Partner , the Actuarial Analyst will be required to solve complex business problems using critical analytical thinking and ﬁnancial modelling skills undertaking analysis of technical / actuarial results under IFRS17 for the Middle East business.
The Actuarial Analyst should be highly organised with demonstrated ability to turn around essential analysis balancing quality vs time to facilitate strategic decision making. The Actuarial Analyst will also be required to collaborate closely with key stakeholders across the business to ensure ‘full picture’ analyses and solutions developed.
As Actuarial Analyst, your role will involve:
- Provide key ﬁnancial analysis to understand performance under IFRS17 of the Middle East business, highlighting potential areas of concern and growing trends.
- Extract data from local and group business systems to perform analysis and provide support on projects Provide support for annual planning and monthly forecast processes of the business financials on an IFRS17 basis.
- Provide ﬁnancial information to the distribution team, tracking bank partnerships, campaigns and incentives.
- Preparation of external financial reports, as per distribution client needs.
- Deliver expert performance reports to the management team by utilising excellent data visualisation skills to give in depth insight into its performance.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3 or more years of experience in an analytical role
- Studying towards an actuarial qualiﬁcation/attained a number of actuarial exams
- Excellent data visualisation skills (e.g. creating charts, graphs and dashboard style reports), using Excel, Access, R, PowerBI software
- Ability to automate reporting tasks
- Knowledge of SAP & Salesforce would be advantageous
- High level of numeric ability to understand, evaluate and interpret data and to analyse business impacts
- Broad insurance knowledge including products and services
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Competent at prioritising, resourcing and planning
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong Programming / Visualization skills e.g. R, PowerBi, Prophet
- Knowledge of IFRS17
- Knowledge of Embedded Value
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that’s what makes our team so great!