Hiring an experienced 'Operations Manager' for Smoky Beach JBR, Dubai. An ideal candidate must be passionate about the Food & Beverage industry and must be enthusiastic about taking our brand ahead.
Role: Operations Manager
Operations Manager is in-charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures and also analyse and improve organizational processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency.
Ensure recruiting, budgeting, marketing, and sales goals are obtained throughout the restaurants. Plans and monitors budget and ensures Restaurant Managers and Floor Managers adhere to cost guidelines.
Key Result Areas:
- Totally responsible for the performance of outlet including general appearance, quality, taste, employees, and profitability.
- Work with the Director of Operations to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Responsible for achieving the revenue targets along with EBITDA targets through daily prompt P&L management.
- Works with RMs to develop restaurant-specific Annual Operating Plans and communicate to the team.
- Sets the RMs monthly restaurant business plans and review monthly.
- Monitor competitors’ activities and coordinate with operation and marketing managers to keep ahead of competition.
- Keep RMs informed of any competitive activity.
- Ensure the implementation of the marketing plan.
- Lead new products launch.
- Audits cash handling procedures to ensure deposits, receipts for cash, change fund, deletes and paid outs are handled appropriately.
- Analyze the operations/ P&L to determine deviation from standards and coach the concerned RM to take corrective measures.
- Responsible for customers safety, hygiene and government rules and regulations commitments and application.
- Responsible for the quality of food and service.
- Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and coaches RMs to take specific corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets.
- Coaches and assists RMs in controlling product, labour, and other controllable expenses.
- Approves operating expenditures with guidelines for other controllable and inventory.
- Ensures that required audits and controls are in place.
- Sets customer service standards for the area and drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or exceed customer service standards. Tracks, analyzes, and identifies root cause of customer complaints and leads management team to implement systematic solutions.
- Monitors the effectiveness of restaurant operations through KPIs and provide constructive feedback & support.
- Ensure understanding and awareness of safety & security procedures.
- Make sure all restaurant managers under his/her supervision are fully aware of any changes in the operations or any new products.
- Follow up on the periodic maintenance schedule.
- Oversee prompt and appropriate resolution of all complaints (health inspections, labour office inspections, etc.) within the area and inform the operation manager of serious matters and other issues that may result in legal action.
- Ensures that Customer Mania mindset is embedded in each restaurant and the RGM sets the example in this area.
- Monitors and implements programs to improve order accuracy, speed of service, courtesy and cleanliness.
- Coaches and models team involvement in problem solving to improve customer satisfaction.
- Identifies and implements process improvements that drive customer satisfaction and profitability in conjunction with the Regional Operation Manager.
- Ensure best practices are shared.
- Provides input in training needs and training effectiveness.
- Identifies & develops HIPO’s (high potential employees)
- Enforce and support all training & development plans for all staff under his/ her supervision.
- Evaluate performance of restaurant management in his area against established targets, implementation plan to improve performance.
- Ensure that restaurant teams understand & apply the safety procedures.
- Investigate labour problems in his area and consult with operation and HRD manager for serious problems/complaints.
- Ensures quality performance appraisals, individual development plans, bench planning and PCR.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
Specifications (Qualifications, Experience, and Skills):
- Minimum university degree, Tourism & Hotels Management or Business Administration is highly preferable.
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years overall experience, with emphasis on operations in a retail and/or consumer orientated service industry, preferably in multi-outlet food/quick service/casual restaurant environment.
- Experienced in operations management and business administration (min 2 - 3 years) with responsibility for achievement of operations targets, i.e., sales, profit, people management and procedural compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of company performance metrics, product specification and management systems
- Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching and development of managerial employees
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance, and employee satisfaction.
- IT Skills: Excellent MS Office.
- Creative and initiative
- Communication & Presentation skills
- IT Skills: Excellent MS Office specially PowerPoint and Internet Research