- Negotiate purchasing contracts and agreements with service and component suppliers.
- Keep track of industry pricing trends
- Implement and enforce purchasing processes and inventory control.
- Monitor contracts/agreements to ensure compliance with terms and conditions and determine any need for changes.
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Maintain spend/volume reports on key components to enable volume negotiation.
- Review orders for bill of materials for projects and advice of potential savings to PM
- Track and expedite orders and investigate order problems as required.
- Maintain serial number tracker by project.
- Maintain all purchasing records and documents and work with accounting to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Manage the start-up process for new suppliers.
- Understands project scope, scheduling, priority milestones, and coordination procedures.
- Coordinates and cooperates with Sales & Project Managers to ensure expedient exchange of information needed to complete each project milestone.
- Manages procurement POs, supply agreements, and delivery schedules.
Technical Knowledge/experience with:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Project management.
- Familiar with construction and supply contracts.
- Understanding of budgets and financial models.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with clients.
- Solid technical background of solar systems and/or components. This includes photovoltaic modules, racking or tracking systems, inverters, balance-of-system (AC and DC), transformers, switchgear.
- Experience in solar industry preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office products.
- Familiarity with SAP preferable.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations and emails.
- Must be comfortable with the technical aspects of the job as well as business and client interactions.